Anonymous

TR Register / SOC National Weekend 8-10 Aug 2014

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
Graham Robertson
Wedge Pilot

TR Register / SOC National Weekend 8-10 Aug 2014

Postby Graham Robertson » 22 Apr 2014 14:45

Is anyone going to the TR Register / Stag Owners Club National Weekend in Harrogate?

There's a small contingent driving down from Aberdeen.

We've booked the Travelodge in the middle of Harrogate, which unfortunately has no car park. Hopefully I'll be okay simply to leave the car at the show ground but I was just wondering if any forum members stay in Harrogate, and by any chance have any spare parking space available?!

I've never attended a big show in England before and I'm really looking forward to it!

Graham

1982 TR7 dhc Pharoah Gold

Neil_W
Swagester

Postby Neil_W » 22 Apr 2014 20:17

[quote]<i>Originally posted by Graham Robertson</i>

Is anyone going to the TR Register / Stag Owners Club National Weekend in Harrogate?

There's a small contingent driving down from Aberdeen.

We've booked the Travelodge in the middle of Harrogate, which unfortunately has no car park. Hopefully I'll be okay simply to leave the car at the show ground but I was just wondering if any forum members stay in Harrogate, and by any chance have any spare parking space available?!

I've never attended a big show in England before and I'm really looking forward to it!

Graham

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I live near York which is a bit of a way out of Harrogate but if you a have cancellable booking try the following as cheapish too:

Just off the A1 - you can walk into Wetherby at night for a pint / eating ( can direct you to a good Italian ) - the run to Harrogate is via the a back road & takes you straight to the Show Ground - some nice bendy roads !
If you see map it is from the Hotel - through Wetherby & onto A661 Spofforth Hill Road to Harrogate. Show ground is next to Sainsbury's on Wetherby Road - 15 mins max drive - quicker than walking into Harrogate.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/ramadaj ... cf05dddX15

Graham Robertson
Wedge Pilot

Postby Graham Robertson » 23 Apr 2014 05:17

Thanks very much for that Neil. I don't think we can cancel our current booking, but I'll pass on the information to any of our group who have not booked yet.

Cheers

Graham

Wayne S
Swagester

Postby Wayne S » 23 Apr 2014 15:32

Graham, if you would like to leave your car at the showground - I'm more than happy to keep an eye on it for you and also for any of your group in attendance as well. I'm sure we can organise somewhere safe for you to park and there is security on the showground all night.

Cheers,

Wayne Scott
press@tr-register.co.uk

<b>Red 4.0 Litre V8 DHC Grinnall (with huuuuuge arches...!)</b>

Graham Robertson
Wedge Pilot

Postby Graham Robertson » 03 May 2014 09:13

Thanks for that Wayne.

If there's security at the show ground I'm sure that will be fine.

We've all booked different accommodation and I think I'm the only one without parking.

Cheers

Graham

Wayne S
Swagester

Postby Wayne S » 06 Aug 2014 09:54

Looking forward to seeing a huge turnout of TR7 / 8's at the TR and Stag International Weekend at the Great Yorkshire Showground in Harrogate this Friday / Saturday / Sunday.

Myself and Graham Robson will be once again running the arena and just before lunch on Saturday we will be doing a presentation on the TR7. You are all very welcome to add you car to the display, I'd love to see everyone in attendance from this forum in the ring!!

For more details visit: http://www.tr-register.co.uk/iwe14

<b>Red 4.0 Litre V8 DHC Grinnall (with huuuuuge arches...!)</b>

Chris Turner
TRemendous

Postby Chris Turner » 06 Aug 2014 13:28

Il be there for Saturday and Sunday, hopefully bringing OEV7P and Robert is coming with SJW539S, TR7 Sprint. We also have a genuine TR8 and a super TR7 in our group. We will be parked in the guest clubs area.

www.triumphtrs.co.uk
THE Coca Cola car
The C+C Conversions rally car JDG 941V
TR7 Sprint SJW 530S on the road for the 1st time since 1984
TR7 Sprint SJW 539S

John Wood
Wedgista

Postby John Wood » 06 Aug 2014 17:54

It is my intention to go up Sunday, weather permitting.

TR7 Sprint & TR8

Neil_W
Swagester

Postby Neil_W » 06 Aug 2014 18:11

Typical Yorkshire Weather - bring your wellies - ground has been really wet over the last few days - no good for haymaking - Thursday will be shorts & sunscreen - Friday dry so will be ok to pitch tents [8D]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2647428

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 10 Aug 2014 06:53

Hi,

I was going to drive up this morning, checked the weather forecast last night and looked not exactly ' barmy sunshine ' so thought would see what it looks like at silly o'clock in morning, 200 mile plus drive from here, and was pouring with rain so rolled over and went back to sleep. Wont be there first time for years [:(] Always a great weekend out, hope you guys that are there have a good one and take some pictures.

Hopefully they will move this event back into July when weather can be a bit kinder.

Cheers John

ImageImageImage Image
LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME!

1976 Speke FHC Beauty Now with an overdrive conversion

1979 3.5 FHC(STATUS PENDING!!)

1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6, BUILT NOT BROUGHT !!!!

John Wood
Wedgista

Postby John Wood » 10 Aug 2014 13:40

Same for me John. It was the weather and traffic on the A1 that put me off. Hope it went well for people who attended.

TR7 Sprint & TR8

Chris Turner
TRemendous

Postby Chris Turner » 10 Aug 2014 16:16

Good day yesterday but weather spoilt today. Shame when so much effort had gone into the weekend.

www.triumphtrs.co.uk
THE Coca Cola car
The C+C Conversions rally car JDG 941V
TR7 Sprint SJW 530S on the road for the 1st time since 1984
TR7 Sprint SJW 539S

fixed-head
Rust Hunter

Postby fixed-head » 12 Aug 2014 23:39

Enjoyed the Saturday display outside and managed to find a few spare bits for my TR7, new pedal rubbers and a new window winder.

I really enjoyed judging the 'Wedges' inside on Sunday, luckily out of the dreadful weather, ...what a shame! All those lovely TR's from all over Europe just parked under the canopy out of the rain and their owners sitting in their soggy tents!!!

The Saturday night bar was very poor, three taps for Fosters Lager, YUCK!!!! In beautiful Yorkshire and no proper real ale!!!

I spotted 2 bottles of Theakstons Old Peculier in the fridge, the barman popped 'em open and asked for £10!!!!!(they weren't on the price list). Left soon after and found a lovely friendly pub in Wetherby with plenty of real ales, and plenty of pretty lasses.

We usually enjoy the Saturday evening at TR IWE, but this time, no atmosphere, no proper ale, no friends in there and the music was muffled!

The next day everyone had a similar story, they didn't want to pay 'top whack' for a pint of dreadful lager, so most visited nearby Sainsburys for a decent bottle of ale or two and had a drink by their tents!!

Overall the weekend was great fun, and I hope the poor weather on Sunday (usually the main day) hasn't damaged the financial security of either club, TR Reg. or Stag O.C.

Cheers
Stuart

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 13 Aug 2014 04:53

Hi Stuart,

Your write up echoes most of the one's I have read on TR Reg forum, Harrogate didn't get glowing reviews a few years ago so no change, shame because a truly beautiful part of the country.

Cheers John

ImageImageImage Image
LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME!

1976 Speke FHC Beauty Now with an overdrive conversion

1979 3.5 FHC(STATUS PENDING!!)

1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6, BUILT NOT BROUGHT !!!!

Neil_W
Swagester

Postby Neil_W » 13 Aug 2014 13:14

As a local I have to agree with the comments about the Showground in Harrogate.
The Yorkshire Show for farmers etc is held in the same place & food etc is far too pricy.
Only saving grace was a huge beer tent run by a locally brewery but that was pricy - must be the cost of having a stand at the show which pushes up the prices.

Wetherby is a fine place & I did mention this on a post further up the thread.

Yorkshire is a really friendly place with fine food & beer & includes great back roads for road runs especially the East Riding.

I was at Billing with the Opel Manta Club in July the week before the TR bash & found that just as bad as Harrogate Show-ground so a common theme.

Big shows have to be commercial which I understand but there is a limit & people will vote with their feet on them [:(]