Anonymous

40th Anniversary Tour 21st September 2014

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
Maxwell
TRiffic

Postby Maxwell » 08 Jun 2014 07:01

Neil - Both your numbers are the same - aren't they?

Maxwell [;)]

2.0 TR7 FHC \ Current
1.8 Mazda MX5 \ Current

Neil_W
Swagester

Postby Neil_W » 08 Jun 2014 08:52

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Maxwell</i>

Neil - Both your numbers are the same - aren't they?

Maxwell [;)]

2.0 TR7 FHC \ Current
1.8 Mazda MX5 \ Current
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ah - off to Spec Savers again - now amended [:I]

Neil_W
Swagester

Postby Neil_W » 08 Jun 2014 09:00

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by john 215</i>

Hi,

Great news all places filled [8D]

Our car's don't leak oil, they just mark there territory [;)]

Cheers John

ImageImageImage Image
LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME!

1976 Speke FHC Beauty Now with an overdrive conversion

1979 3.5 FHC(STATUS PENDING!!)

1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6, BUILT NOT BROUGHT !!!!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Don't think my mother - in - law would agree with you.
On the first run when I bought my car after it had been stored for a number of years it was given a good blast on the motorway & on the way home popped into to see her parking on her newly laid block paving which looked great.
A Cup of tea later & we reversed out the drive - was going to wave goodbye but her face was like a slapped kipper as 1 ltr of 20/50w was sitting on her drive as the crank shaft seal had given up the ghost.

Next hour was taken up lifting 14 blocks to replace them with the spare ones left over from the job & the cats litter tray under the TR - a bit more than marking it's territory [8D]

FI Spyder
TRemendous

Postby FI Spyder » 08 Jun 2014 13:38

Speaking of oil marks, at the 2007 All Triumph Drive In at Steveston we were parked on the lawn in front of the cannery museum and they supplied card board sheets for each car with a prize (a carton of oil) for the car with the most interesting design. My car was just fresh on the road so only had a few drops but a friends TR7 automatic won with cardboard almost totally soaked. He later found out there was a weak spring in a one way valve allowing the torque converter to drain back into the trans and when starting motor it would push the oil (of the now overfilled trans sump) out the fill tube. When talking to a transmission guy about it, he said "Borg Warner? I know what the problem is." He replaced the spring and problem solved.

- - -TR7 Spider - - - 1978 Spitfire- - - - 1976 Spitfire - - 1988 Tercel 4X4 - Kali on Integra - 1991 Integra - Yellow TCT

REPLIC8
Wedgista

Postby REPLIC8 » 16 Jun 2014 05:15

Great news that all the spaces have been filled for the road run. Well done to the organisers for all their hard work so far. [:)]

Do we have any idea how many other TR7/8s are committing to turning up at the Motor Museum? The more the merrier.

Also have any related businesses agreed to come along and support the event? (Rimmers, S&S, Robsport etc)

Andy
1981 TR7 FHC

John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 16 Jun 2014 06:46

There are no plans to ask any businesses to come along if that's what you mean Andy. Having a stall there for what will be only a few hours would be a waste of time and money for them. People rarely purchase anything at shows nowadays. Even Malvern is more of a public relations exercise for the dealers rather than a business opportunity now. It's all done down the web these days (except with the exception of Fitchett's who still operate on magazine adverts and telephone orders - amazing in the modern world).

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphdvd.co.uk"]Triumph TR7 and other car documentaries on DVD here[/url]</b></center>

John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 05 Jul 2014 19:28

Only ten rooms left at the hotel in Aintree on the Saturday night. We can only hold them until next weekend so if you've been thinking about it now is the time.

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphdvd.co.uk"]Triumph TR7 and other car documentaries on DVD here[/url]</b></center>

John Wood
Wedgista

Postby John Wood » 05 Jul 2014 19:57

I was out doing the Recce this morning for the Whitchurch, Solihull, Canley stages of the run. I will do the timing on Tuesday night when I go over it again. There are some nice roads that you'll all enjoy and only a small stretch of M6/M42 as timing is tight.

TR7 Sprint & TR8

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 05 Jul 2014 20:17

Sounds great John, really looking forward to this run.....

www.classiccarrunblackpool.co.uk

1981 DHC 2.0 Litre
1980 DHC pedal car
1982 DHC TR-ailer in the making

ImageImageImageImage

Maxwell
TRiffic

Postby Maxwell » 05 Jul 2014 20:36

There's a lot of effort going into this... Let's get those last ten rooms gone!

Maxwell [;)]

2.0 TR7 FHC \ Current
1.8 Mazda MX5 \ Current

TR7TIM
Scuttle Shaker

Postby TR7TIM » 06 Jul 2014 06:54

Any idea on arrival time at the Coventry museum? As I'd like to make the trip there and join up with the others. Tim.

John Clancy
TRiffic

Postby John Clancy » 06 Jul 2014 07:15

We're going to try to start arriving a little earlier than we expected so probably start arriving just after midday. Get there before 10am and get pride of place right outside the museum is my recommendations.

John Wood
Wedgista

Postby John Wood » 06 Jul 2014 08:36

I can't wait to see all the cars in the car park on the Saturday evening at the hotel.

TR7 Sprint & TR8

John Wood
Wedgista

Postby John Wood » 16 Sep 2014 06:11

I've bumped this to the top to show how a little idea has snowballed into one of the biggest events (or biggest) for our cars in the UK. (If you read it from the beginning)

The VTR national has been a major success with Harris Mann invited and we are so lucky that many more Triumph celebrities will be in attendance on Sunday. A few of them are being transported to the event in the best form of transport as well. They will arrive from midday in the long line of 7's and 8's that will have completed the factory run.

It all concludes on Sunday at Gaydon and I just want to say a big thank you in advance to everyone who has assisted with this event. Especially Andrew Pointer, John Clancy and Paul Lewis for embracing the whole idea and surpassing my expectations with what they have organised so we can all have a fantastic weekend.

See some of you Saturday morning, evening at the hotel but hopefully many of you on Sunday at Gaydon.

TR7 Sprint & TR8

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 16 Sep 2014 06:51

Hi John,

Include yourself in that esteem list mate, it don't seam possible that a couple of us standing on the TRDC stand at the NEC chatting about doing a run or something to commemorate 40 years of production and you gents made this happen [8D] Well done to you all in this picture and the others behind the seams -

Cheers John

ImageImageImage Image
LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME!

1976 Speke FHC Beauty Now with an overdrive conversion

1979 3.5 FHC(STATUS PENDING!!)

1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6, BUILT NOT BROUGHT !!!!