Anonymous

Barton Mill Car Show ( Picture Heavy ! ! )

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
john 215
TRemendous

Barton Mill Car Show ( Picture Heavy ! ! )

Postby john 215 » 19 Aug 2013 20:07

Hi,

Went along to this show yesterday, very local to me at only five mile's away and very friendly in great setting.

As is the norm a few car's that caught my eye -

Mine was the only TR 7 there [:(]

<b><font size="4">BUT</font id="size4"></b> did get asked if she could be used for a glamour model shoot for a photographic magazine HELL YES [8D] Full set of picture will be emailed to me soon [^] Between being interviewed about my car managed to grab a couple of shots -

And my favourite -

Cheers John

ImageImageImage Image
LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME!

1976 Speke FHC Beauty

1979 3.5 FHC(STATUS PENDING!!)

1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6, BUILT NOT BROUGHT !!!!

Maxwell
TRiffic

Postby Maxwell » 19 Aug 2013 21:24

Hi John - Did the photographer take his photographs away from the adjoining cars? I'm surprised that he didn't ask you to remove all the windscreen stickers \ tax disc etc... and that Herald, nice as it is, is a major distraction, particularly with the gent's head sitting up over the boot-lid!

IMHO, of course!

Maxwell [;)][}:)]

<b>2.0 TR7 Drop head \ Maxwell \ sold
2.0 TR7 Fixed head \ Robyn \ sold
3.5 TR7 V8 Drop head \ Oliver \ sold

2.0 TR7 Fixed head \ Ben \ current
0.7 Smart Roadster \ Oscar \ current</b>

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 20 Aug 2013 00:26

Great picks John, made my day in a couple of ways.

The little climax in the Lotus reminded me of a friend, back in the old days. He was a bachelor, living in an inner city tenement, with no parking. He bought one of those with a blown engine, rod out the side.

He pulled the engine out, left the car at my place, & took the engine home. He had it in his bedroom, with the mattress on the floor, & a bit of rope for coat hangers the only furniture, leaking oil out of the hole.

Now that was a dedicated petrolhead, until some bird claimed him & made him all respectable.

The other trip down memory lane for me is the Singer, a 4A isn't it? I had one of those when I was about 19, & loved it dearly. It was only when the brakes started to get a bit soggy, not long after I bought it, that I discovered they were mechanical, with a mixture of rod & cable actuation.

You always had one end braking better than the other, which could be fun, particularly in the wet with tram lines. As I said with the photos of one of your other shows, you do get interesting things turn up at your shows.

Thanks.

Hasbeen

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 20 Aug 2013 05:25

Hi Hasbeen,

As ever great stuff [8D]

Didn't the Climax engine start life a motor used to pump water to put fires out ?

I too like the Singer, made a change see than the 'normal' MG TF etc and by know means over restotered.

Thanks for the comments, you gents want to keep seeing them, I will keep posting them, not only lotus there either -

The car that won Car Of The Show belonged to a young lady and was a super straight Frogeye, IMHO well deserved -

As far as photo shoot dont, really care if they get pulished / real or not, did seem like a bunch of pro's, two photographers, make up girl, the lady I was interviewed by who appeared to be in charge and a couple of guys with those reflector things but I am not from a media background just fix car's so wouldn't really know ! Not every day I get a chance to take a picture of a attractive young lady on the front of my car wearing a evening dress [:)] plus just pleased they chose an average TR7 when there were some truely stunning car's there, only see them around half a dozen other car's out of 80 plus. Made my day for sure !!
As my learned friend Chunk said " Most people only got splattered flys on the front of there car on Sunday " !!!
Cheers John

ImageImageImage Image
LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME!

1976 Speke FHC Beauty

1979 3.5 FHC(STATUS PENDING!!)

1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6, BUILT NOT BROUGHT !!!!

Hasbeen
TRemendous

Postby Hasbeen » 20 Aug 2013 06:08

Yep the Climax engines were built light & powerful as the pumps they powered were trailer mounted & towed to the fires. Some might have even been horse drawn. There were hundreds used around London during the blitz.

Chapman took them from war winner to a GP, & world championship winner, with a little help from Cooper & Brabham.

Then of course Rover picked up a Buick discard, & Repco [Oz], & Brabham made it a world champion. There are so many great stories from the old days, when motor racing really was a sport, & often a poor mans sport at that.

Hasbeen