Anonymous

Billing 2010

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
stevie_a
TRemendous

Postby stevie_a » 05 Jul 2010 15:54

<font color="teal"><b>Well I had a great weekend

Although a bad start taking 10 hours to get down including breakdown and traffic

Saturday morning was eventful to going down ill

(for those in the know) went to the hospital today get it checked out

It was not the Coffee I am OK I can still drink that

It was the little blighter that bit my knee that made me ill some will remember i kept saying my knee was hot and sore

well on the drive home it ended up like this

So went to A&E to get it checked out and this insect bite was why i was so ill

I have some photos to download and put of the weekend that I will put up soon

Had a great run back home not one traffic jam

didn't even stop for a coffee ...[:D]

How often do you get roads like this

drove in a 10pm yip 10 O'clock</b></font id="teal">

EDIT:

Wayne Rachel and I drove all the way up to Preston then we waved goodbye

I was behind you at the Billing roundabout just as we were going onto the motorway but you did not see me
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font size="4"><font color="green"><i>If it's not broke don't fix it.</i></font id="green"></font id="size4">

ImageImageImage

Triton7
Rust Hunter

Postby Triton7 » 05 Jul 2010 18:19

Stevie I thought it was my cooked breakfast.

The things some people willl do not to wash a car.

Glad you made it back, after getting both cars home I sat down to watch the new series of Top Gear, my favorite show, and promptly fell asleep before it started.

What would sir like for breakfast next year? ( Insect bites optional extra )

Any way get some pictures on the forum.

ImageImage

Simon B
TR7 DHC Triton
TR7 DHC Red
Stag
205 CTI

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 05 Jul 2010 20:47

Hi

Great weekend with brillant weather,a few pictures ,starting with the road run-

My girl friend and eldest Saturday evening-

A few of the cars-

I hope someone has pictures of Waynes T Shirt suprise [?] you had to be there [:D]

Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to put this show on.

Cheers John

LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME!
1979 3.5 FHC(STATUS PENDING!!)
1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6,ON THE ROAD NOW KICKING AR5E !!!!

TR Tony
TRemendous

Postby TR Tony » 05 Jul 2010 21:49

Nice pics John! The Spider really grabbed everyone's attention - what a fantastic car.

Had a great time, even enjoyed the camping (not done that for many years!). My insect bites were nowhere near as impressive as Stevie's though - that did look painful.

Good fun on Saturday with the road run, then the evening with the quiz & just a little refreshment. That whisky was superb, Simon. Was I dreaming or did you tell me you have 120 bottles?

And a chat with first Jim Tencate & then Albert Tingey on Sunday was just fascinating - I learned a lot about my TR8's engine & Albert saw a prototype part fitted to the car which he had designed in 1979 but had not seen since! I didn't even know what it was until Albert explained but it all fits with what I know of the cars past with BL.

And good to see so many others - Chris, Roy, Rex, Keith, several people called John! Many thanks indeed to Phil, Kevin, Val & all who were involved in the organising & running.

Tony
Image Image
<font size="1">1981 2L FHC Cavalry Blue
1980 3.5L V8 DHC Jaguar Regency Red - sadly sold!
1977 TR8 FHC EFI Factory development car Inca Yellow</font id="size1">

gaz
TRemendous

Postby gaz » 05 Jul 2010 21:58

got back today after spending an extra night there, great event, weather was good to us and a really nice relaxed feel too the whole weekend no hold ups nice clear run on the motorway (going home any way)
I even got a medal for the little shadow........
it was also great fun on the road runs
my Ignition light was on all the way home about 205 miles and my voltage meter was on a about third the battery is reading full so it looks like the alt, is a little bit broken.

anyway thanks to every body involved for putting such a great national together and thats not just the officials but all the guy's "n" gals who attended cheers
even my eldest lad and his mate seem to be converted to the TR7

I forgot my camera but my dad took a few shots i'll post them when I get hold his memory card, sorry if he bored anyone with his camera stories [:D] he dosent get out much [:D]

It rides again..... and again wehey!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

TRisha TR
Wedgista

Postby TRisha TR » 05 Jul 2010 22:27

<font face="Century Gothic"><font color="purple">Some nice cars there and I recognise the pub... stopped by once or twice on the way back from MK - if I recall they had Scrumpy Jack (or other decent cider on tap - not necessarily a good combo for driving though!).

I'd have loved to have been there but the free accom/drink/food and corporate hostilities of Henley Regatta was my preferred option[:D][:p]</font id="purple"></font id="Century Gothic">

<i>Don't get a 'retro'car - get the real thing!</i>
<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphtr7.com/documents/sales/codenamebullet.asp"]Buy the story of the Triumph TR7/8 on DVD here[/url]</b></center>

www.triumphTR7.com

Chris Turner
TRemendous

Postby Chris Turner » 05 Jul 2010 22:45

Thanks to everyone who attended the weekend, it was great to see so many early cars as well as 7s and 8s. Its always nice to see old friends as well as new members, I think Simon Bryan, Kevin Morton and Phil Humphries did a great job organising the event.
It was the first time SJW 538S and SJW 539S had been seen together since they left the factory.
The non TRs included the superb Jensen Interceptor, a Stag, a Dolomite, a Triumph 1300 and the Herald convertible.

www.triumphtrs.co.uk
THE Coca Cola car
TR7 Premium
TR7 Sprint
TR7V8 rally car

stevie_a
TRemendous

Postby stevie_a » 05 Jul 2010 22:53

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Triton7</i>

<b>Anyway get some pictures on the forum</b>.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<font color="teal"><b>I will Simon as soon as they download to photobucket

I will put up some that Peter and Lawrence took from there cameras

first ( I downloaded there cameras to my laptop )</b></font id="teal">

Including this one <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by john 215</i>

<b>I hope someone has pictures of Waynes T Shirt suprise [?] you had to be there</b> [:D]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font size="4"><font color="green"><i>If it's not broke don't fix it.</i></font id="green"></font id="size4">

ImageImageImage

andyf
Swagester

Postby andyf » 06 Jul 2010 05:54

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by John Clancy</i>

We had a nice persian aqua drophead with us on the M4 for some miles... until it started to rain. Thought that was you Andy.

<center><b>[url="http://www.triumphtr7.com/documents/sales/codenamebullet.asp"]Buy the story of the Triumph TR7/8 on DVD here[/url]</b></center>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hello John, yes that was me. I had to call into the services for a "bathroom break". Naturally it only started raining just after I left the services, so it was keep to a decent speed so that I didn`t get wet and them get off at the next junction to erect the hood.

1980 Persian Aqua DHC

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 06 Jul 2010 06:22

Hi,

Great picture Stevie [:D][8D][:D]. Heres a close up of my shirt, really was a bl88dy funny moment!!!!

Tony, very intresting hearing what Albert had to say about the injection system ,didnt realise that exhaust recirculation was not needed for emission as they were origanally worried about NOX so fitted it, but the engine sailed through the tests without working but they noticed better fuel consumption with it fitted so left it on!! Probally one of the few people that knows details like that!
If Mr Clancy has not had a chat and video this gent would make great viewing, for a anorak like me anyway [;)]

Cheers John

LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME!
1979 3.5 FHC(STATUS PENDING!!)
1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6,ON THE ROAD NOW KICKING AR5E !!!!

trphil
Swagester

Postby trphil » 06 Jul 2010 08:31

A few more pics...

Triton7
Rust Hunter

Postby Triton7 » 06 Jul 2010 12:18

You did here right, I collect malt whisky and over the past 11 years the collection has grown.

ImageImage

Simon B
TR7 DHC
Stag
205 CTI

Wayne S
Swagester

Postby Wayne S » 06 Jul 2010 12:25

Awesome weekend!! Just about recovered now. Loving the T Shirt can't believe I was so slow, had no idea what was going on but did wonder why everyone kept going off to the loo in groups lol [:D]

I did make sure I stood up for the raffle and concours this year to avoid a repeat performance [:I]

Stevie thats a nasty bite from one of the locals there, sure it wasn't the woman in the chip shop? [8)] I think Rach was glad of a TR to watch to liven up the long journey.

Can't wait to see the footage from the road runs Lawrence - hope your busy editing! [;)]

Thanks to all who made it happen.

<b>Red 4.0 Litre V8 DHC Grinnall (with huuuuuge arches...!)</b>

trv8
Wedgista

Postby trv8 » 06 Jul 2010 15:11

Looks like I missed a good day [:(].

Triton7
Rust Hunter

Postby Triton7 » 12 Jul 2010 15:17

Wayne

Did you manage to stay awake at Le Mans, afterall it was 24hrs ?

Simon B
TR7 DHC Triton Green
TR7 DHC Red
Stag 3.5L
205 CTI