Anonymous

Harpenden

So, what’s happening on the classic car scene, especially wedge related events? Post your notices on here and let us all know about it.
zoe
Swagester

Harpenden

Postby zoe » 29 Jul 2009 22:03

Just got back from Harpenden , classics on the common, loads of cars there , 7 TR7/8's there , the weather was terrible , but it was still a good evening , im just glad Amber made it home through all the extremly heavy rain,after her performance on the way home from Billing !! johns got some good photo's of tonite which im sure he will put on her ! zoe

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 30 Jul 2009 18:22

Hi,
Despite the weather a great show as ever,great classic cars and great company,dont get much better IMHO, everything there from Austin 7s to a Ferrari F40, plus every day cars that you just dont see anymore like MK1 Cavaliers and Chevettes including HSR's, Talbolt Solaras, Marina's (except when Top Gear are dropping piano's on them [:(!] ) PLUS lots of 7s and 8's more than Jensons eh Steve [;)] (will a 440 ci Mopar lump fit in a TR7!!) I do beleive thats one - nil to Zoe mate!! Great to meet Zoe, Steve and Sandi and drive in with them, as well as a chance to meet Marion. A few picture from a wet Classics On The Common- (sorry Steve didnt get a picture of your Jenson, too many people always looking at it!!!)

Intresting 3rd brake light postion

THE BEST PICTURE OF THE NIGHT GREAT LOOKING CAR WITH EVEN BETTER LOOKING GIRLS IN IT [;)]

Next Wendesday Croxley Green, see if Zoe can make it Two - Nil, so come you lot if you can make it to Harpenden or Croxley Green, The Ace is only just down the road [8D] on Tue 11th Aug
Cheers John

LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME!
1979 3.5 FHC(STATUS PENDING!!)
1982 2.0 DHC NOW A 4.6,ON THE ROAD NOW KICKING AR5E !!!!

gordon kerr
Swagester

Postby gordon kerr » 31 Jul 2009 09:42

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by john 215</i>

Hi,
Next Wendesday Croxley Green, see if Zoe can make it Two - Nil, so come you lot if you can make it to Harpenden or Croxley Green, The Ace is only just down the road [8D] on Tue 11th Aug
Cheers John
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<font color="green">John

I can't speak for the others but for me it's not getting to the Ace Cafe that is a problem but getting there for 5 (as recommended by Zoe) certainly would be - I don't finish work till 5 and SWMBO until 6 and it must be a good hour from Bedford to the Ace so it's not really gonna work is it?

Didn't make Harpenden this year either but that was due to the weather rain started in Bedford about 3 that day and then didn't stop all night so chickened out although I beleive in the event it wasn't that bad in Harpenden. Oh well! [|)]</font id="green">

<font color="green">Gordon
GRD 1980 Brooklands Green 2l FHC
OVC 1980 Platinum Silver 3.9l V8 FHC
Bedford, UK.
</font id="green">

Wayne S
Swagester

Postby Wayne S » 31 Jul 2009 09:50

I'm the same Gordon, I do fancy it but would never be able to get there before 7.30 at the earliest and the Triumph day always coincides with Le Mans.

Looks a good event though as does Harpenden!

<b>2.0 Litre DHC Grinnall
Red 4.0 Litre V8 DHC Grinnall (with huuuuuge arches...!)</b>

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 31 Jul 2009 16:56

Hi,
Sorry you gents cant make The Ace, but understand why, having half off myself otherwise would'nt be there till 7 ish!!We should have at least 4 but need more to beat Steve's 7 Jensons!!
Gordon, it started raining about the same time and then we had a little (very little!!) sunshine followed by more rain then thunder, followed by more rain!!!! Always a great atmoshere there and as other years whole town and its dog turned out to wave and cheer as people drove away at the end of the evening [8D] Plus all proceeds go to charity [:)]
Hope to see you Tuesday if you are still going, will email you over the weekend if you fancy meeting up and driving up?
Cheers John

wedggie perrin
Wedge Pilot

Postby wedggie perrin » 31 Jul 2009 17:49

Yup,
difficult for me to get there for that time as well.

Gordon, what does SWMBO mean[?]

Hang on a minute.......She Who Must Be Obeyed! [:0]

gordon kerr
Swagester

Postby gordon kerr » 01 Aug 2009 06:40

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Century Gothic, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wedggie perrin</i>

Yup,
difficult for me to get there for that time as well.

Gordon, what does SWMBO mean[?]

Hang on a minute.......She Who Must Be Obeyed! [:0]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<font color="green">That's the one [;)]

Actually I prefer SWTSMBO where the T stands fot thinks!</font id="green">

<font color="green">Gordon
GRD 1980 Brooklands Green 2l FHC
OVC 1980 Platinum Silver 3.9l V8 FHC
Bedford, UK.
</font id="green">

MaryMoo
Wedgling

Postby MaryMoo » 04 Aug 2009 23:43

Nice to meet zoe, john etc at this show, even though it was a bit wet, and the pics are great. Not sure if I can go to the croxley green show but should be at the ace for the 11th.

Marian

john 215
TRemendous

Postby john 215 » 04 Aug 2009 23:53

Hi Marian,
Good to have met you well, saw your car the month before at Luton as well!
Will be at Croxley Green, later today!!! (just checked the time [:0] )
See you there or if not The Ace
Cheers John